Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sorry Popeye, I'm a Kale Kind of Girl


Kale Chips

I have to admit, up until a year ago, I didn’t know much about kale other then that’s what the crunchy green stuff was in the Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. True story. Now, I love it and eat it on a weekly basis. Not only is it tasty, but as an awesome dark leafy green it’s full of anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and research proven anti-cancer properties. It is also an excellent source of Vitamin K, A, and C. And, it works to naturally detoxify your body.
Here is a simple way to prepare Kale
Ingredients:

  •  Kale: 1 head washed, dried and chopped into 1 inch pieces (you can find already prepared bags in the produce section; it doesn’t get any easier than that!) Some people don't like the ribs, they can be tough. However, I find I like them when they're baked. It's completely up to you.
  • Olive Oil 1-2 tablespoons (I find I only need 1 tablespoon if I mix really well but again, it's up to you)
  •  
  • Sea Salt to taste (the taste of sea salt is more potent than table salt so start light and then add later if you need to)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cover a baking sheet in a single layer of kale.

Sprinkle olive oil and sea salt over the kale and mix using a spatula.

Spread out into single layer again.

Bake until crisp, approximately 15 minutes.  

For a little variation, consider adding pepper, vinegar, grated Parmesan or garlic salt
Enjoy!!!
Even Kids like Kale!!
 
Fondly,

Betsey

No comments:

Post a Comment