Sunday, January 22, 2012

A New Year is Upon us

Can you beieve it's already a New Year?!

As it’s still the month of January, and I’m just starting to blog, I felt it was still appropriate to put my goals down on “paper” and throw them out there to the universe. I’m not usually one for resolutions and diligently avoid making them for fear of failure; so this is something new for me. In the past few months, after proving to myself just how strong I really am, I've developed a “can do” mindset . I want to take advantage of the momentum it’s providing me by consciously brainstorming my goals and hopes for the future. Here’s what I came up with:  
Running Goals:

·         Complete 12 races (preferably one a month) in 2012!!!!!

·         Develop a training schedule for my first half marathon and stick to it!

·         Run and complete my first Half Marathon!!! (Unplugged here I come!)

·         Be a spectator at the Key Bank Vermont City Marathon and see what this whole thing is about! Hopefully get pumped to actually run the KBVCM next year!

·         Participate in my first Mud Run!!!! I love the energy of the Spartan Race and Worrior Dash but am fully aware of my physical limitations. However, thankfully,  there are alternatives for those of us who want a similar experience but can’t exactly do it military style…yet

Blog Goals:

·         Research the ins and outs of the blog and develop a style that suits me personally and meets the needs of those who read it (meaning feedback is critical people!)

·         Write at least one post a week for my blog

·         Fully invest myself in the blogging process and allow myself to be vulnerable, and accept where ever that may take me

Educational/Professional Goals:

·         Research Graduate schools for Nutrition and Wellness, Complete pre-requisites for the program I choose and get in applications. (This means Chemistry…save me now!)

·         Study for and take the GRE

·         Complete  theHealth and Wellness certification through AFPA

Life Goals:

·         Find something beautiful in every single day, accept my struggles and as cliché as it sounds live every day as if it’s my last.

So, those are my 12 goals for 2012. I can’t wait to re-read them next January and either say “I’m so glad I was able to cross that off my list” or “What was I thinking!” That may be the best part of making goals, they’re a glimpse into who you are and what you want from life. I’d love to hear what other people are planning on and hoping for themselves in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment